This weekend is my husband’s birthday. For weeks I have been trying to decide how to celebrate my husband; the man that loves me as he loves himself and as Christ loves the church. Nothing tangible or materialistic seems worthy for such a sacrificial man that works so hard to make sure he provides for us on a daily basis. (To read where I introduce my husband, click here!)
1 Peter 3:6 reminds me that I am a daughter of Sarah and I should follow her example in how she treated Abraham! She honored and obeyed him (even calling him lord!).
In Ephesians 5, Paul advises wives how to celebrate and honor their husbands on their birthday and everyday in a way that honors the Lord.
Here are 10 ways to celebrate your husband on his birthday (or any day) from Ephesians 5:33.
However, let each man of you [without exception] love his wife as [being in a sense] his very own self; and let the wife see that she respects and reverences her husband [that she notices him, regards him, honors him, prefers him, venerates, and esteems him; and that she defers to him, praises him, and loves and admires him exceedingly]. Ephesians 5:33 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)
- Paying extra attention to the little details about him (let him catch you noticing him!)
- Communicate to your husband that you hold his position as your husband, provider, and head of household in high regard
- Demonstrate your unwavering loyalty and support
- Reiterate that you prefer him over all the men on the planet
- Speak to him with words of affirmation
- Show your gratitude for things he does with an embrace or gentle kiss
Defer to Him
- Prioritize him above all other relationships or commitments; cancel all plans or remove any distractions; such as your phone, to make him your sole focus
- Sing praises to him (literally) or write down all the things you love about him and give it to him
- Initiate an intimate sexual encounter to make him feel desirable
- Gaze into his eyes and look him up and down (bite your lip for added emphasis!)
What are some ways that you celebrate and honor your husband for his birthday? Like this post? Please share and follow.
Grace and Peace